Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Of Mice and Men...

Of Mice and Men

You have been reading about my audacity - The Balls Diagram..:), intellectual courage and other bravados... It might be time for me to be real....:)

I work very hard, learned a lot in life, have strong ideals and am extremely driven... Like to try to fool myself in thinking I am made of stainless steel...:)

I know that that is not the case, but it helps in trying to get things done...

As you know, I wrote a lot here and there and everywhere about this theory. I've just had to do it, since I couldn't find any resistence to it, nobody ever said anything I couldn't answer and the theory has the most aesthetic beauty and simplicity. When you see the Universe in such a different way, if you really are a true Mankind cardmember carrying, you would like to make this idea part of the collective knowledge soup.... The stuff we use to make the future ... to reach the Undiscovered Continent... This is not to say that I am messianic and am here to deliver the truth...(like Steve Colbert)...:) but this is to say I would like to voice the idea ... gingerly if necessary... but express it ..

In the past, at the beginning of this blog, I tried to contact the leaders in this field. Gingerly sent them one email asking for any comments. Never received any acknowledgement and cowardly let things stay that way...

After getting the idea published in the Quantization in Astrophysics book, I though that maybe it is time to try to engage someone and maybe get a comment or two... or in the best of the Universe, have an actual vigorous scientific debate...:)

Enboldened by the publication, I made another gingerly effort and send this email to Dr Kay, an Astrophysics professor from Columbia University.





From: MP
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:47 PM
To: 'lkay@barnard.edu'
Subject: Hypergeometrical Universe

Dear Dr.Kay,

I created a new theory - The Hypergeometrical Universe, which describes interactions (forces) and particles in purely geometrical terms. It also provides a simple and unified approach to all the forces.

I would like to give a talk on the subject such as to obtain some feedback.

The work has been published in a collaborative book on Quantization in Astrophysics.
http://www.hypergeometricaluniverse.com/Quantization.pdf

Currently, I am bloging the Hypergeometrical Standard Model where I describe the Hyperons in terms of dilators (metric modulators) and their respective dilaton (traveling metric modulations) chords. The blog site is given by:
http://hypergeometricaluniverse.blogspot.com/

I am not in academia anymore so it would be quite stimulating to hear someone's else opinion.

Regards,

MP


The email was sent on February, 8th. It took me a week to muster the courage to call and follow up. This is not a strong bravado..:) It turns out that I am just human and try as much as I can to avoid disappointment.

I called and prefaced the conversation by expressing that I was checking to see if she received the email... these days, the spam program eliminate many emails... and so and so....:) eventually to mention that I was looking for some feedback, maybe the opportunity to present the idea in any shape or form..:) ... a very humble approach... I am extremely considered and hate to impose on people...

Eventually, Dr. Kay utter these words in a tense but terse manner:



"Not the right person to talk about that.."
I said thanks and that was that...

I am reasonably smart and realized that she sensed conversing about that idea as a burden and did not request her to give me another potential poor soul to take her place....

I was disappointed with the scientist - not with this scientist in particular - but with the lack of intellectual curiosity or open-mindness that one would expect a scientist to have...

By all measures, I believe that the Hypergeometrical Universe Theory is a consistent logical framework. I would hope that a professional scientist would devote some five to ten minutes to investigate it...:)

Disappointed with the scientist but never with Science...:) and no Bravados today...:)

Cheers,

MP

PS- After writing this soul baring blog, I realized that maybe
"Not the right person to talk about that.."
doesn't mean
"Not the right person to talk about that crackpot theory of yours.."
as I feared and just means "Not the right person to talk about departamental talks.."

On that positive note, I will go back and follow up again... and pretend I am not just a big pussycat... :)

No comments: